The Stellar Falcon Surfski:
An amalgamation of the SEA, SEI G2 and S18SX. High stability and low wetted surface area and improved rocker and stern fairing makes this boat fast on the flats and agile in the swell. The 3rd generation seat has a very rounded back to eliminate hot spots and increase rotation for a more powerful stroke. With an optimized rudder position and a more rounded keel in the stern, the Falcon is a very agile boat, similar to that of a much shorter Surfski. Innovative features include water shedding bow and stern handles, inboard set cockpit handles and an improved volume in the bow deck for a drier ride. If you want a boat for all conditions – this is it!
The new Stellar Falcon. It really is completely different from anything Stellar has produced. Stability like the SR (slightly more in my book) and speed feels faster the SEI. As with all Stellar ski’s and kayaks the Falcon has great initial and secondary stability. On my initial paddle I found it turns quickly for a nearly 6m long ski and it looks very sleek and feels fast in the water. The Falcon suits an intermediate to advanced paddler.
3 Layups available.
Advantage @ $3,995 inc gst
Weight: 32.4 lbs / 14.7 kg
Description: Great combination of weight, stiffness, durability and cost. Gelcoat finished heat cured infused epoxy Fiberglass and Soric® core laminate is very tough and resists against punctures. A great race boat on a tight budget. The Advantage hits the mark for price to weight ratio for most kayak paddlers.
Excel @ $4,595 inc gst
Weight: 25.6 lbs / 11.6 kg
Description: Very stiff and light, yet more affordable than the Alpha. Kevlar® adds impact strength to the laminate - Gelcoat finished heat cured epoxy Kevlar® and Fiberglass laminate with Nomex® Honeycomb Core. Great for racing, or those looking for a light boat, but not as impact resistant as the Multi-sport or Advantage constructions.
Multisport @ $4,595 inc gst
Weight: 34.2 lbs / 15.5 kg
Description: Single skin laminate hull made of Carbon & Kevlar® fabric, with clear gelcoat finish, and the deck is the standard Advantage construction. The hull is designed to be flexible and durable, but creates a stiff boat that can take some abuse in the class I and II rapids and shallows, but is also at home in the ocean or the flats. The Surf Ski Multi-Sport construction comes standard with an over-stern rudder and fittings for an under-stern rudder, as well as a flush mounted Andersen Super mini-bailer.
Please note the demo model we have does not have the DeBrito bailer.
Add a colour stripe for an additional $110 inc gst.
Please note white is the standard deck and hull colour and all colour/stripe options are factory order. We can order to your colour choice any of the following colours. Please discuss the options instore or select at check out..
Pricing excludes delivery to our Victorian and Queensland stores. Please contact your local store regarding availability and delivery charges.
If delivery is required from the store to you, please contact the local store manager for a quote.
A quick overview of the Stellar Falcon, thanks Ben.
Carry Handles: Innovative low drag water shedding bow and stern handles and convenient coskpit side handles.
Seating: 3rd generation seat (quite a wide cockpit, larger than the SR) for good rotations and comfort. Low hump and aft stretcher setting allows for a wider range of paddler height 5' to 6'3".
Peaked Bow Deck: Rounded top reduces windage and sheds water before it enters the cockpit.
Stern Rocker: Rounded keel and rockered keel for responsive steering.
Low Volume Cockpit: DeBrito bailer for quick draining and low drag flush to the hull when closed and 3 point legbrace for powerful leg drive. Narrow cockpit for an extra tight catch.
Under Stern Rudder/Skeg: Various size carbon skeg for efficient steering in any conditions
Gunwale: High gunwales along the footwell to keep the cockpit dry and lower at the seat for easier remounting
Hull Design: Slender plumb bow for increased hull speed, coupled with enough beam and flare above the waterline for confident stability.
Why choose Stellar?
Stellar Kayaks & Surf Skis are a perfect blend of speed and stability designed for you to achieve the best results possible. This was achieved through a global collaboration of paddlers and designers from around the world. Paddlers are delighted at how efficient our hulls are and how well they respond in beam chop. Our hull design becomes more effective in secondary stability as the conditions deteriorate.
At Stellar we are willing to pay a premium for the best, importing high quality materials from worldwide leaders in manufacturing, such as DuPont, Toray, Plexus and Lantor. We realize that what goes into the boat makes them stronger, lighter and more durable. We are the Industry leader in composite construction making lightweight and durable laminates. Our experience from building Olympic level rowing shells for 30 years has given us a technical edge entering the kayak market. The difference is easy to feel with many customers surprised at the stiffness and light weight of our kayaks and surf skis.
Innovation is also the key to our success. We are engaged in a continuous feedback cycle listening to the market and getting feedback from paddlers on how to improve our boats. We have introduced features and designs to increase your propulsion efficiency, comfort and the overall stiffness and performance of the boat.
At Stellar we are an ISO 9001 company, meaning that we a have strict quality assurance system to ensure each boat is made to its specifications. This process starts at purchasing the materials completely through the entire manufacturing process. Quality control records are kept of the parts at each stage detailing the temperature, humidity, materials used, weights and the workers at each stage. The culmination of this process is an end product that is very consistent from boat to boat and will execute as designed in both durability and performance.
Stellar Kayaks and Surf Skis go beyond the average kayak in their construction. Such features as double taped seams create a really strong hull and deck joint that can take a real pounding. We have also designed the shape of the deck as well to create a stiffer and more robust boat that is inherent in the physical shape of the boat. We are only a phone call or email away to help with any questions you may have. With our growing network of Stellar Dealers and Reps, we are here to offer you service and support when you need it.
At Stellar, we have a state of the art manufacturing facility building, kayaks, surf skis, rowing shells, sail boats, yachts, surf boards and other products. We are able to capitalize on this knowledge and share it across the lines, culminating in our advanced designs, construction and materials. These various engineering and design departments provide you with an unparalleled resource of design and production experience.
This global collaboration economizes our efforts while also enlarging our scope of view. This global perspective adds another dimension to the design of our boats that is not often found in our industry. The scale of the operation also capitalizes on scales of economy when purchasing materials for production. We are able to get volume incentivized pricing and pass the savings on to you!
Disclaimer / Warranty
Kayaking and Surf Skiing can be very dangerous and physically demanding activity. The paddler should understand the inherent risks of kayaking and surf skiing, which may involve injury or even death. The paddler acknowledges the risk involved in kayaking and surf skiing and that Stellar Kayaks Ltd. is not liable for any injury or harm inflicted upon the paddler while using Stellar Kayaks Ltd. products.
- Please reference the following guidelines for a safer kayaking experience.
- Always wear an approved PFD (personal flotation device). Please refer to local regulations.
- Always carry first aid, safety and rescue equipment.
- Never paddle alone, no matter how experienced you are.
- Tell someone your itinerary and expected duration of your paddle.
- Check the weather and water conditions before paddling.
- Get instructions as to the operation of this specific boat and never exceed your paddling ability.
- Practice rolling the boat and making a wet entry.
- Never use alcohol or drugs prior or during paddling.
- Thoroughly check over the boat before paddling - look for signs of wear or broken equipment.
- Dress appropriately for weather conditions:
- Cold weather or water can result in hypothermia
- Hot weather and strong sun can result in sun stroke and dehydration.
- Always carry supplies lasting longer than the expected duration of your journey.
- Scout unfamiliar waters to understand tidal currents, river currents, obstructions and where to portage.
- Consult your physician before paddling.
For any other questions pertaining to this boat and its operation, please contact Stellar Kayaks.
Stellar Kayaks Warranty
- 2-year limited warranty against defects in the materials and workmanship in the hull and assembly of Stellar Kayaks and Surf Skis, excepting honeycomb core- see below
- 1-year limited warranty against delamination of honeycomb cored boats
- 1-year limited warranty on paddles and accessories against defects in the materials and workmanship
- 1-year limited warranty against defects and assembly to parts and accessories
- The warranty only valid to the original owner
- It is up to Stellar to determine whether to repair or replace any defective parts.
- If the boat is to be returned to Stellar, the customer is responsible for any return shipping charge
- Normal wear and discoloration
- Cloudy areas in hull multi-sport construction clear gelcoat
- Moderate visible print through caused by heat/UV
- Damage from misuse or abuse from hitting objects and improper maintenance
- Damage from extreme weather or environmental conditions
- Damage from improper transportation or storage of the boat
- Damage caused by any alterations to the boat and or original parts
- Damage caused to the boats in "surf"
- Any boat designated as "demo"
- Kayaks used for promotional, commercial or rental purposes
Original invoice is the proof of purchase for your warranty claim - without it, we reserve the right to determine whether the boat is covered under warranty.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other PaddleZone users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.